I had about 90% of the top short rows done this morning (I got to knit in the car while a coworker drove us to a meeting two hours away- awesome!) when I realized I wouldn't be able to make it with the amount of yarn I had. My options were either to buy another skein of yarn or rip it out and make the short rows less steep so they wouldn't take up as much yarn. I'm using Brooklyn Tweed's Shelter, so buying another skein isn't as hassle free or cheap as driving to the store, so I decided to rip it out.
It was painful, but it's for the best. Hopefully I should have it finished by Friday night and then I can take pictures this weekend.
That leads me to my other work-in-progress, my Winnowing. I absolutely loved this pattern when it came out in Wool People 2, so I ordered the yarn the same day. I cast on on January 31st (due to boredom) but I only knit it that one night and haven't touched it since. My plan is to finish my shawl, then my second sweater of the year, then Winnowing. I think I can do that by the end of February if I stay focused.
As for the sweater, I haven't made much progress since my last post about it. The body section is done and I have about 7" of the back shoulder region done. My unofficial goal is to finish it by next weekend. Hopefully I can make it happen.