It's about time for a work-in-progress update. I finished the body of the White Pine cardigan I’m working on. This is what it looks like all done (which is pretty similar to the last WIP photo I posted).
The body of the cardigan has been sitting on my living room coffee table for about a week and a half. I’ll admit, I was honestly too lazy to change out the needles for stoppers so I could use them to start the sleeves. A couple of days ago I finally summoned the willpower to do so and cast on for the sleeves.
Then I ran into a problem. The amount of cast on stitches that the pattern calls for in my size produced a cuff that was about two to three times the circumference of my wrist. I’m making the cardigan with zero ease, so I wanted the whole thing to be pretty snug. Giant bell sleeves certainly wouldn’t work. I read through numerous project pages and it looks like a couple of other knitters had the same problem.
I ripped out what I had done and cast on again, using the stitch count for the small or medium size. I have about an inch done and it looks much better. I don’t think I’ll manage to finish this cardigan by the end of the month, which puts me slightly behind schedule. I’m not particularly crazy about that idea, especially considering I won’t be knitting as much during the summer. I might have some bulky weight vests in my future...